Last Updated on Saturday, 18 August 2012 17:48
Written by Sanjay H. Sharma
COUNSELING PRESENTATION CALENDAR
Counselors: Yvonne Pereda and Lisa Santiago
Hafa Adai JFK Stakeholders!
Freshman Academy counselors, Ms. Pereda and Ms. Santiago, will be conducting quarterly presentations for all Freshman Academy students. The following are the scheduled dates for these presentations. Presentation outlines and data of students feedback will be provided.
Theme: Goal Setting
Presentation Dates: October 10-24
- Graduation Requirements will be discussed. Based on the information presented, students will be able to identify goals and develop a plan to achieve their goals.
Presentation Dates: November 15-19
- DOE Board Policy about Bullying will be discussed along with appropriate interventions and responses to bullying.
Theme: Career Exploration
Presentation Dates: February 21-25
- Counselors will organize an Electives Fair so that all FA students experience the different career clusters available at JFK (i.e. Marketing, Carpentry, Automotive, Pro-Start, etc.)
- In lieu of presentations, FA counselors will be providing individual counseling to all FA students about career and college paths and planning out their next three years of high school.
Theme: Healthy Lifestyles
Presentation Dates: April 17-21
- FA counselors will work with Student Support Office to obtain data on the most frequently referred behavior by FA students (insubordination, smoking, etc..) since the start of the school year and will develop a presentation to target the behavior.