JOHN F. KENNEDY HIGH SCHOOL
SY 2012 – 2013
Vol. 5 Issue 30 Tuesday, December 11, 2012 GOLD DAY: 2, 4, and 6
John F. Kennedy’s mission is to develop our island students to become globally primed high achievers.
Our ESLRs: John F. Kennedy High School students will be responsible citizens, problem solvers, effective communicators, and technologically literate.
ATTENTION JFK COMMUNITY
· Get to Know GCC Programs: GCC teachers and students will be in D104 during lunch this Tues, Wed, and Thurs (Dec 11-13). Come by and learn more about what GCC programs can offer at JFK. Freshmen and sophomores, we are looking for interested students to sign up for next year.
· Seniors: If you would like to submit a design for a class shirt, please submit designs by TODAY, Tuesday, December 11, 2012.
· Seniors: If you are interested in being part of the 5K committee, please come to D101 during lunch on Friday, December 14. “Race to Graduation” is set for Saturday, March 30, 2013.
· Seniors: Cap and gown purchases at Gino’s are on-going. Last day to purchase cap and gown is December 31. Fifty-percent down payment is allowed.
· ALL JFK Students: Do you have the voice? Are you good in spitting rhymes? Have you ever wanted to dance w/ the stars? The Class of 2013 is looking for talented singers, poets, and dancers to audition for Got Talent 3: The Finale (January 26, 2013). Auditions will be held in D103 starting Dec 10-13 and 17-21 during lunch (except for Tuesdays) and after school from 1:45-4p.m.
· Japanese Club is selling, “Got Ramen?” t-shirts for $12. Shirts are white ramen bowl noodles w/ chopsticks. Look for a Japanese Club officer or go to F102 to purchase or reserve one today!
· Seniors: Do you want to look good for prom? Then you should participate in the Senior Biggest Loser. Weigh-in is on Tuesday, Jan 8, 2013. Prizes for the winners are free prom tickets. Runner-up prizes are pending. Competition is from Jan 8- May 8, 2013, so come out and join in on the Senior Biggest Loser.
· Yearbook staff will be available during lunch at the Main entrance to the school every 1,3,5 day starting Dec 10 – May 17. Reserve your iYearbook NOW!
· Close-Up Club is selling Christmas snack gramsfor $3 and contain a candy cane, a Rice Krispy treat, and a Capri-Sun. See any member if you are interested!
· …and Gandalf said, “I am looking for someone to share in an adventure that I am arranging, and it’s very difficult to find anyone.” However,the Class of 2015 has stepped up and is inviting you on anunexpected journey…The Hobbit on Fri, Dec 14, 5:00pm at the Micronesian Mall. Tickets can be purchased for $8.50 from any committee member or in B213. Games and raffle prizes will be available for the adventure seekers!
· Christmas time is near, come buy roses here! From the Class of 2015, in pink, white, or green. $4.00 is the cost, buy now or it’s your loss. “Christmas Grams” can be purchased from any committee member or in B213. Last day to purchase is Monday, December 17.
· Go Islanders! Now is your chance to showcase your pride by purchasing your very own JFK Spirit Shirt! See designs and pre-order with any committee member or in B213 for only $10. For info, please see C/O 2015 Kyle Takahashi or Maricris Naranjo. Last day for pre-orders will be December 17.
· Islanders! Showcase your Islander Spirit by wearing your very own “Letterman Jacket.” The Class of 2015 is taking pre-orders for only $60; see a committee member or go to B213 to see a photocopy example so you can place your order! A 50% deposit is required to place your order, upon the remaining 50% is payable upon pick-up of your jacket. For more info, please see Kyle Takahashi or Maricris Naranjo. Last day for orders will be December 21!
· Sophomores: Now is your chance to showcase your pride by purchasing your very own Class of 2015 t-shirt! Pre-orders are being taken by committee members or in B213.
· Looking for a way to hang out with your friends this Christmas Season??? Come buy a ticket for JFK Bowling Day sponsored by NHS on Dec. 15 from 10am-3pm. Each ticket includes one game, a drink, and a hot dog. Tickets are $6 and can be bought from any NHS member.
· Can’t think of a Christmas gift? NHS will be selling Christmas Grams for $3, which includes 2 Rice Krispies. Get it while supplies last!!!
· Vivace is selling spirit shirts displaying headphones and a heart with the Vivace logo. T-shirts cost $12 for 1, but if you buy 2 or more…they’re $10 each!!! Shirts come in black, light gray, navy, or dark gray! To place your order…please see any Vivace Senior or visit the Choir Room (D101).
· The GATE-VPA Theater Arts Program is holding auditions for Disney’s “High School Musical” at UMS (Tiyan) on Dec 17, 18 19 from 6-8p.m. They need singers, dancers, and actors. Techies also need to sign up at this time. For more info, call Ray or Anne at 475-0598 or 789-2125.
· It's that time of the year again, where the bells jingle and the carols sing, but this year a mystical event is amidst. Come join W.A.Y. in this year's winter formal "Frost Façade: A Winter Masquerade” on Sat., Dec. 15 at the Somnak Ballroom, Westin Resort from 6-11PM. Enjoy a mysterious night full of food, dance, games, and prizes! Tickets are $25. This is a semi-formal event. Hope to see you there in your best outfit with your most mystical mask! Please see any W.A.Y. Officer for tickets or inquires.
· Class of 2K14: You may start to pre-order your class shirts for $12; may be paid to any class officer or advisor. The class of 2K14 is also selling school spirit shirts for $12. Designs will be posted throughout the campus. Order forms are available from any officer or in B107 or C201.
· NHS will be offering tutoring sessions from Monday to Friday, except Wednesdays, during lunch in B210. After school tutoring will be on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1:30 to 230pm in B210.
· College Access Challenge Grant Program: Tutors will be in the Library during lunch weekly on Tues, Wed, and Thurs. This is for CACGP participants and students in need of tutoring services.
FACULTY AND STAFF
· ALL Club/Organization Advisors must reconcile their ledger with the school ledger. Please do so ASAP or fundraising events may be jeopardized. See Mrs. Cruz/Ms. Gutierrez for further info.
· All posters must have prior administration approval before being posted on campus. Please drop posters in the Main Office to Ms. Liza Mafnas. Remember ONLY painter’s tape may be used if you decide not to utilize the many poster boards throughout campus.
*JFK entrance fee: $2.00 for students and $3.00 for adults (wear a JFK shirt and receive ½ off for entrance), JFK faculty/staff free for home games.
Wrestling Opponent Site Time
Sat, 12/15 Sanchez Sanchez 10am