Vol. 7 / Issue 19 Tuesday, October 21, 2014 GOLD DAY: 2 – 4 – 6
John F. Kennedy’s mission is to develop our island students to become globally primed high achievers.
Our ESLRs: John F. Kennedy High School students will be responsible citizens, problem solvers,
effective communicators, and technologically literate.
· Get your spook on Islanders! On Friday, Oct. 24, the Class of 2017 will be hosting this school-year's Halloween dance, Fright Night: World Tour. It will be from 6pm - 10pm at our cafeteria. Tickets will be $2 pre-sold and $3 at the door. If interested in purchasing pre-sold tickets, find any Class of 2017 officer or go to Room D115. Costumes are encouraged.
· Islanders! Do you have a dirty car? Come on down to East Agana Shell to get your car washed by the Class of 2016 on Saturday, Oct. 26 from 9:30 am to 3 pm! Pre-sold tickets are $2. Tickets may be purchased from any Class of 2016 officer, committee member, or in room D207. Thank you for your support & see you there!
· Lock-outs will take place regularly. Students are reminded to be on campus by 6:45 A.M. After break and lunch, get to your classes on time!
· Football game for third place this Fri., Oct. 24 at 7 P.M. here against the OHS Bulldogs. Islanders, support our team!
· Islanders, let’s show our spirit and spread the awareness of RED RIBBON WEEK, which runs from Oct. 23-31. This campaign is our visible commitment toward the creation of a Drug Free America. Activities are:
§ *Oct. 23- WAY and Class Councils will pass out red ribbons at the main entrance gate and
§ drop off back gate for students to wear.
§ *Oct. 24- Teachers are encouraged to put up posters and banners spreading awareness of a Drug Free America.
§ *Oct. 27- Students Councils will have pledge cards that students may sign during lunch.
§ *Oct. 28- Wear red socks for "A Walk Away From Drugs" event.
§ *Oct. 29- Wear your craziest socks with red shoes for a "Sock It to Drugs Day"
§ *Oct. 30- Wear red buttons, bows, hair ribbons, wrist bands, or ties. (NO BANDANAS OR GANG AFFILIATED ITEMS ARE ALLOWED).
§ *Oct. 31- Join WAY in showcasing what JFK has done in support of Red Ribbon Week.
· Yearbooks for school year 2014 - 2015 are being pre sold for $45. This price will last until the end of first semester. See any yearbook sales staff or Mr. Rabago in room B203.
· Canceled classes on Oct. 6 due to Typhoon Vongfong will be made up on Nov. 28 (make-up day #1). It will be a green day.
· Half Day Professional Development on Wed., Oct. 29. Late start – classes begin at 9:45 A.M. Gates open at 8:45 A.M.
Buenas yan Håfa Adai Islander Family!