October 18, 2016
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Monday, October 24, 2016 is a GDOE Professional Development
- END OF STATEMENT -
Vol. 9 / Issue 11 Monday Oct. 17, 2016 GREEN DAY 1 - 3- 5
John F. Kennedy’s mission is to develop our island students to become globally primed high achievers
Our SLOs: John F. Kennedy High School students will be responsible citizens, problem solvers, effective communicators, and technologically literate.
FROM THE COUNSELORS:
SPORTS UPDATES: - Please, support our Islanders!
Hafa Adai Parents/Guardians and Students,
Welcome to John F. Kennedy High School (JFKHS) if this is your first year in attendance. If you are a returnee, welcome back for another exciting year! The faculty, staff, and administration are committed to doing their part to enhance the teaching and learning process for all students in a safe and positive environment. As a reminder, the first bell rings at 7:00 A.M. Students are encouraged to get adequate sleep, eat breakfast, and arrive to school on time!
In our efforts to increase communication, the Administrative Team provides you with these monthly notices. Our philosophy is: Bridging gaps while balancing expectations as we focus on building students’ futures. While partnering with parents/guardians and teachers, we are able to do our part to maximize your child’s educational experience. You are encouraged to visit our website at www.jfkislanders.com for ongoing announcements and other pertinent information. Please take note of the following:
1. Students may wear sweaters, jackets, or cardigans, as long as there are NO HOODS. The aforementioned must zip or button in the front. No pull-overs or hoodies that cover the front of the uniform top may be worn at any time. This policy has been in place for three years as a means of increasing student safety.
A. Students must obtain breakfast and lunch tickets at the FOAS Office regardless if free, reduced or purchasing. Get in line before school, during break, and during first half of lunch.
B. Breakfast is served from 6:05 A.M. – 6:45 A.M. Upon arrival to school, please proceed to the cafeteria after getting your breakfast ticket. Accommodations are made for those arriving on a late bus.
C. Lunch is served from 11:10 A.M. – 11:50 A.M. Once the lunch bell rings, proceed to the cafeteria with your lunch ticket.
D. Students bringing lunch from home are encouraged to use the dining area in the cafeteria.
E. If you are looking for a place to do homework, note that the cafeteria is a dining facility only.
3. Because we are a closed campus, only immediate family members may deliver their child/sibling’s lunch to the Main Office between 10-11A.M. Please inform your child to proceed to the Main Office at the start of lunch to get his/her food.
4. For safety reasons, random searches and evacuation drills will be conducted on a monthly basis.
-Continued on the back-
5. As per Board Policy 337, the school nurse must have updated Student Emergency and Health Information forms (yellow copy) on file. Deadline for submission to your child’s 1st period teacher is Mon., Aug. 31. Students were given the document earlier this week.
6. First Quarter IIAAG Sports are in progress: Football, Cross Country, Golf, and Girls’ Volleyball. Visit the school’s website or jfkathletics.teampages.com for schedules. Support your Islanders!
7. Traffic Patterns: