Vol. 7 / Issue 25 Tuesday, November 18, 2014 GOLD DAY: 2 – 4 – 6
John F. Kennedy’s mission is to develop our island students to become globally primed high achievers.
Our ESLRs: John F. Kennedy High School students will be responsible citizens, problem solvers,
effective communicators, and technologically literate.
· Islanders! It is the time of the season when we celebrate Christmas and give to our community. The Guam Chamber of Commerce and the Marine Corps Activity of Guam are sponsoring the Toys For Tots Toy Drive! Students are asked to donate only unwrapped and new toys for children ages newborn to 17 years old! Christmas-decorated boxes are placed in the classrooms, the main office, and in D220! All the toys collected will be donated to the children of Guam through the Salvation Army! The last day to donate is on Dec. 10, 2014! Let’s donate, Islanders, and increase the spirit of Christmas!
· Freshmen: Are you interested in Automotive, Carpentry, Marketing, Electronics, Nursing, Lodging and ProStart (Culinary) for next school year? Meet the teachers and students and learn more about the GCC Programs here on campus tomorrow through Thursday D104 during lunch.
· The Parent-Family-Community Outreach team is accepting donations of canned goods to support the Salvation Army's Holiday Food Drive. Please drop off your donations at designated areas around the campus or in the PFC Outreach in the counseling wing before Dec. 15, 2014.
· Calling all Hunger Games fans! The Class of 2017 is hosting a movie day featuring the continuation of the Hunger Games series: Mockingjay Part 1 at Micronesia Mall's Stadium Theaters on Nov. 22 - a day after its premier date! Tickets are $10 and reserved seating is $12. Purchase tickets in D115 or with any class officer. All are welcomed!
· Need help with your classes? CACGP tutors are available every Thursday during lunch in the library. Everyone is welcome.
· Yearbooks for school year 2014 - 2015 are being pre sold for $45. This price will last until the end of first semester. See any yearbook sales staff or Mr. Rabago in room B203.
· Attention Seniors! Senior portraits will be taken for the entire month of November at 17-Minute Studios in Dededo. If you have not signed up for a picture date, please do so immediately in room D203 during break, lunch, or after school. Only those seniors who have taken their pictures will be printed in the yearbook. Dates are on a first come, first serve preference.